Salary Range $67,000 – $75,000 p.a.
$2000 Sign On Bonus for commencement between Oct 2023 – Jan 2024 (T&C’s apply)
JCUVet is seeking to appoint a senior veterinary nurse for our small animal General Practice. As the senior nurse, you will be responsible for leading and shaping the GP veterinary nursing team and improving the GP service offerings. This role is unique as it is part of a teaching hospital with access to advanced equipment and resources not commonly found in regular GP practices.
If you are an experienced veterinary nurse looking for a career pathway into a clinical leadership role in a unique and supportive environment, this role might be a perfect fit for you. JCUVet offers a dynamic and rewarding workplace with access to cutting-edge resources and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Implementing and overseeing nurse consults, including dental, weight loss, nutrition, etc.
- Contributing clinical knowledge for educational and social media content on a weekly basis
- Monitoring and managing stock for the GP team
- Assisting in the development of GP veterinary nursing protocols
- Coordinating and delivering veterinary nurse clinical inductions
- Providing ongoing clinical education, guidance, and training to trainee and GP nurses
- Tracking nurse attendance, leave, and communicating schedule changes
- Organizing community engagement events
- Conducting post-operative rechecks, suture removal, and client follow-ups
- Managing admissions and discharges for routine procedures
- Conducting handovers to and from our overnight ECC team
- Fostering social activities within the team and with other nursing teams
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic, productive, self-motivated, and confident in own veterinary nursing abilities
- Several years of experience as a veterinary nurse at a high standard
- Proficiency in performing a wide range of nurse consults
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A genuine passion for leading, guiding, and training veterinary nurses
- Love and compassion for small animals and improving animal well-being
- Minimum qualification: Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing
- A competitive salary and a four-day work week
- Annual $1000 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) allowance
- Free membership to Vet Education, Nurse CPD nights and Weekly Learning Hours
- Discounted veterinary treatments and products
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity for career development and progression to referral disciplines
- Relocation assistance available for those moving to Townsville
- Access to an affordable and tropical destination for leisure outside of work
Sign On Bonus T&C’s – only applies to new employees to JCUVet and not to existing employees making an internal move. Applies to the appointment of this role on a full time basis. $500 paid upon commencement and $1500 upon successful completion of probation.
If this newly created role excites you as much as it excites us, then please apply today to:
Clinical Support Manager
"*" indicates required fields