$2000 Sign On Bonus for commencement between Jan and March 2024 (T&C’s apply).
JCU Univet Pty Ltd (JCUVet) is the Clinical Small Animal Teaching Hospital for the James Cook University School of Veterinary Science, located in Townsville, Queensland. We offer a large team environment of 90+ staff across our referral, general practice and emergency & critical care teams.
As the only small animal hospital in North Queensland, we service a large geographical area and experience challenging, interesting and varied cases. We have a great support team of administration, animal nursing assistants, trainee nurses and dedicated receptionists, which allows our nurses to focus on what they do best!
Due to internal movements, we seek to appoint two full time experienced referral veterinary nurses to join our referral veterinary nursing team. This team provides support to veterinarians and specialists in advanced diagnostics, anaesthesia, surgical and internal medicine.
With a supported probation period, regular performance reviews, guidance and mentoring from our head nurse, access to CPD allowance, Recover CPR training, weekly learning hour and a wealth of veterinary journals, we offer a fun, supportive and positive learning environment
The ideal candidates will offer the following:
- Certificate IV veterinary nursing with advanced skills and knowledge gained from working in an animal hospital and/or specialty referral centre
- Alternatively, we will consider GP nurses with at least three years’ post-qualification experience in a busy and contemporary practice
- A passion for veterinary nursing and high levels of patient care
- A team player who builds others up and shares skills and knowledge
- A genuine thirst for knowledge and development of skills
We are pleased to offer:
- Full time permanent role 38 hours over 4 days
- Competitive hourly rate according to your skills and experience
- Support, guidance and mentoring by an experienced head nurse
- Training in advanced methodologies and use of advanced medical equipment
- A fun, friendly team that supports you and encourages you to grow
- Life in an extraordinary part of Australia to explore outside of work
Townsville is perfectly positioned within relative proximity to Cairns and the Whitsundays.
We are a vibrant city with a world class stadium, choice of dining and entertainment options, quality schools and some of the best hiking, fishing, snorkelling, diving and boating in Australia. Not to mention affordable housing options all within a short drive to work.
Sign On Bonus T&C’s – only applies to new employees to JCUVet and not to existing employees making an internal move. Applies to the appointment of this role on a full-time basis. $500 paid upon commencement and $1500 upon successful completion of probation.
If you are looking for a veterinary nursing position that encourages you to constantly grow in a friendly supportive team, then please APPLY NOW by sending your application to:
Head Nurse (Referral)
"*" indicates required fields