TRAINEE VETERINARY NURSE OPPORTUNITIES (Emergency & Critical Care)
Join our amazing team JCUVet team as we invite applications for two full time trainee nurse positions. JCUVet, the Small Animal Hospital affiliated with James Cook University in Townsville, is seeking to employ passionate individuals committed to embarking on a fulfilling journey towards becoming qualified veterinary nurses.
Under the mentorship of our clinical staff and nurse educator, engage in a comprehensive two-year program whilst being employed full time.
Two positions available are within our Emergency & Critical Care Department, which offers a dynamic 38-hour work week with rotating shifts, including weekends and public holidays.
Gain exposure to a varied caseload and foster a well-rounded skillset developed in a university learning environment and within large teams.
Subject to satisfactory performance, in your fourth month, you will sign up to the Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing and start your exciting journey. Upon signing up to a traineeship there is a gap fee payable by the individual to the RTO and depending on your personal circumstances, you may be eligible for government subsidies.
Essential requirements for these roles include:
- Completed Certificate II or III Animal Studies (mandatory)
- Enthusiasm, commitment and financial readiness to embark upon Cert IV
- Adaptability, a positive attitude and strong teamwork skills
- A high level of flexibility, initiative and a willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent observational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work full time across variable shifts including days, nights, weekends and public holidays
- The ability to meet the physical requirements of the role
If you would like to apply for one of these roles or to find out more about them, please apply to:
Clinical Support Manager
For a comprehensive overview of JCUVet and the exciting opportunities awaiting you, visit our website https://jcuvet.com.au/
Take the first step towards a rewarding career at JCUVet. Apply now!
"*" indicates required fields