Veterinary Nurse Educator
Are you someone who:
- Loves to see those around you excel and grow
- Thrives on learning and improving skills
- Loves to offer high quality patient care
JCUVet is the Clinical Small Animal Teaching Hospital for James Cook University. We are focused on providing excellence in clinical training for JCU final year veterinary students. We do this through involving and inspiring students in a full service Small Animal General Practice and Referral Hospital, offering internal medicine, surgery, anesthesia, emergency and critical care services.
We are looking for a qualified veterinary nurse who has a passion for training and mentoring trainee veterinary nurses. The role offers the opportunity to develop skills in the training and education sector, whilst maintaining and developing your own nursing career. You will be supported by friendly veterinary teams with outstanding knowledge in their disciplines, enabling you to provide high quality training and education. The role also involves coordination of continuing education and promoting educational opportunities for all clinical staff. This is a new position in the Hospital and offers real opportunity to develop the role and build exciting and novel education and training schemes, in a friendly learning environment.
Essential skills and attributes for this role include:
- 5 years small animal veterinary nursing experience
- Certificate IV in veterinary nursing
- TAE Certificate IV in Training & Assessment ( or willingness to obtain)
- Registration with VNCA with current CPD hours
- Ability to design and implement clinically based training programs
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to work well with all teams
- Energy, positive attitude and a passion for veterinary nursing
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- High level computer and administration skills
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- be surrounded by people that enjoy teaching and developing others
- be supported by staff with experience in teaching clinical skills to Veterinary Students
- use advanced medical equipment and facilities, enabling you to offer high quality training.
- be part of a friendly team that encourages you to grow your career.
- feel supported with CE allowances, access to Recover CPR training, Vet education, VIN and the many veterinary journals in the JCU library.
- live in an extraordinary part of Australia to explore outside of work
JCU Vet offers this opportunity on a two year full time contract, with the opportunity of developing into a long term permanent position
If you believe you possess the knowledge and passion for this exciting role, please apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Bertram, Clinical Support Manager at email@example.com
Oops! We could not locate your form.