Reception Team Leader
JCUVet is a controlled entity of James Cook University, and it plays an important role in the final year of study for JCU veterinary science students. It is also the only animal hospital in NQ. Well located to transport corridors, we have easy access to JCU campus eateries, retail outlets and University library.
We are seeking to appoint a Reception Team Leader with strong administration and leadership skills to lead a small team. Ideally you will be a trained veterinary nurse who understands veterinary clinical triage, terminology and treatments relating to small animals. Alternatively you will be an experienced medical reception team leader who has clinical understanding as well as previous experience in reception team leadership.
Excelling in the provision of a high level of customer care, you will handle a diverse workload from general enquiries, appointment bookings, patient call backs, emergency triage, email and phone enquiries from clients and local vets, file management, quotes, invoicing and cash handling, sales of veterinary products and any administration support as required.
A key aspect of this role is to assist in the design and implementation of systems and procedures relating to reception activities. You will be keen to be part of, and drive, continuous improvement and change.
This is a permanent full time role working 38 hours per week Monday to Friday on a rostered basis between the hours 7.30am – 6.00pm with the ability to work overtime on occasional Saturdays 8am – 1.30pm.
What we’re looking for
- Trained veterinary nurse preferred
- Experienced receptionist in a busy veterinary/human clinical practice essential
- Systems focused, with the ability to create and implement clinical procedures
- Proficient MS Office skills and knowledge of patient management systems
- Professionally presented with a passion for customer care
- Warm, friendly and welcoming personality
- Resilient and positive can do attitude
- Calm under pressure with sound judgement
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and attention to detail
What we offer
- Opportunity to flex your administrative and leadership skills
- Full time permanent role – 4 weeks’ annual leave, sick leave etc.
- Opportunity to undergo RECOVER First Aid training
- An exciting time of change
- Varied and interesting role
- Discounts on pet products and treatments
- Ability to bring well behaved pets to work at times
If this sounds like you please apply now.
Oops! We could not locate your form.