Posted on Monday November 9, 2020
Pebbles saw Dr James today after her owner noticed remnants of blue crystals around her mouth at home. During her visit, she was given medication to induce vomiting which confirmed she had ingested rat bait. Because her owner noticed it early and we treated her quickly, she should have no adverse effects. Pebbles wasn’t too keen on eating her charcoal laced meal for us!
Tips for keeping your pets safe when eradicating pests from your home.
-Store baits safely in a locked cupboard at home
-Try using humane traps instead of baits
-Use a less toxic, pet friendly product
-Distribute baits in the roof so pets cannot access them
-Check baits/chemicals around your home frequently
-Remove deceased rodents lying nearby quickly
View all news