Small Animal Internal Medicine Clinician
- Annual Salary $150,000 – 200,000*
- Sponsorship and relocation assistance
- Clinical position with opportunities to explore academic interests
- JCUVet is a multi-disciplinary teaching facility, which offers a full service general practice and referral services including small animal internal medicine, surgery and anesthesia. We provide our referral services to a wide catchment area across north Queensland ensuring an interesting and varied case load for all disciplines. The primary purpose of the hospital is to provide clinical tuition to 5th veterinary students across all of the services.Established in 2010, we are a young hospital with expanding in-house referral services, as well as visiting specialist services including cardiology, dermatology and surgery services. We are building teams that provide exemplary patient care in a friendly, professional and supportive environment.JCU Vet is a well-equipped purpose built hospital which offers a wide range of diagnostic, laboratory and monitoring equipment, including:
- Digital radiography, fluoroscopy
- Stortz Video Endoscopy
- 160 slice in-house CT
- Access to external MRI facilities
- Extensive anesthetic monitoring equipment
- Ventilation capabilities
- Full in-house IDEXX laboratory suite
- On-campus pathology laboratory
We are seeking a full time Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist (ACVIM, DECVIM or FANZCVS), to provide progressive referral medicine services, to Townsville and the surrounding communities. Consideration will be given to individuals who have completed their residency and are poised to undertake their Board examination. We would also consider part time and fixed term contracts.
The position is primarily clinical with the opportunity to explore academic and research interests if desired. The SAIM Clinician works closely with the Academic SAIM Clinicians to enable final year students to demonstrate and practice theoretical knowledge. Responsibilities include overseeing student case management, case rounds, tutorials, orientations and student assessment. JCUVet Specialist clinicians also provide educational leadership to clinical staff and the referring veterinarians and nurses.
JCU Vet is committed to career progression for all employees. We encourage employees to develop their interests and can also offer support for research opportunities and publications.
We are excited to develop our Intern program and we are also looking to offer future Resident programs. We work closely with the James Cook University Veterinary School, enabling access to university services, to aid academic activity and research for case management.
We offer a supportive environment with paid CE, study leave and paid registration. We provide flexible rosters with the opportunity to work 4 days per week.
Townsville is perfectly positioned within relative proximity to Cairns and the Whitsundays, We are a vibrant city with a world class stadium, choice of dining and entertainment options, quality schools and some of the best hiking, fishing, snorkeling, diving and boating in Australia. Townsville also offers affordable housing options all within a short drive of work.
If you would like to discuss the position further, please contact us or submit your application to the email below. The successful candidate can expect to be involved in a robust recruitment process, including the opportunity to visit the hospital (from within Australia) and to connect with our visiting specialists.
*Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
If you would like to learn more about the advertised position or submit an application (CV and cover letter) please contact our clinical coordinator
Elizabeth Bertram RVN; Clinical Coordinator
JCUVet, (07) 4781 3600; email Elizabeth.email@example.com
Oops! We could not locate your form.