ROTATING INTERNSHIP AT JCU VET
JCUVet is offering TWO 12 month rotating internship positions for focused, proactive, recently graduated veterinarians who want to build their knowledge and clinical skills.
JCUVet is the Clinical Small Animal Teaching Hospital for James Cook University in Townsville.
Our focus is on building a great team and great people. We believe that by doing this we will provide an exceptional environment in which to look after our patients and clients, and model an exciting and rewarding teaching environment for our students.
Our intern program is aimed to provide a broad level of experience in Small Animal Practice, with the flexibility to focus on areas that stimulate your interest. Successful candidates will be involved in all areas of our teaching hospital including anaesthesia, surgery, medicine and emergency / critical care. Unlike many other internships, you will also have the opportunity to develop your consulting and case management skills with short blocks in our General Practice, while still having access to the support and guidance of experienced clinicians and specialists.
The internship has a core goal of practical skill development for you, that you will be able to apply in your future career.
Interns will work an average 38 hour week, with access to additional learning and training opportunities available both within and outside of these normal hours.
One internship is planned to start in September/October 2021, while the second will start in early 2022. 2021 Veterinary graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will enjoy:
- Exposure to a broad caseload with interesting, challenging and diverse cases
- A focus on training skills that will serve you throughout your career
- Generous CPD allowance, CE leave and many other benefits
- A culture focused on both individual growth AND strong team support
- Access to advanced medical and surgical equipment and facilities including, Ultrasound, digital radiography, endoscopy, full range of power equipment and surgical implant options, 160 slice CT and access to offsite MRI
- An extraordinary part of Australia to explore – positioned between rainforests to the north and Whitsundays to the south, the Great Barrier Reef and endless places to hike, dive, fish, climb, sail and explore in your free time
If you can see yourself in this exciting role, or if you feel it may be right for one of your colleagues, please send your application to, or contact:
Dr Jason Mouatt BVSc FANZCVS
Specialist Small Animal Surgeon
Oops! We could not locate your form.