GP Veterinary Nurse –
Are you someone who:
- Loves to offer excellent patient care in a friendly team environment
- Enjoys a high level of involvement in cases
- Thrives on learning and improving skills
- Loves to see those around you excel and grow
We are looking for General Practice Veterinary Nurses who want to build their skills and abilities, in a team environment focused on learning and enjoyment of your work.
JCUVet is the Veterinary Teaching Hospital for James Cook University. We provide clinical teaching to veterinary students in our small animal General Practice and Referral Hospital. Our General Practice is unique in that it is part of the teaching hospital and has access to a large range of resources and equipment.
It’s truly an exciting time to join JCUVet. We are making great headway on developing a strong culture focused on individuals and teams; where your participation, ideas and suggestions are valued. We are now turning our attention to further developing the General Practice, and seek an experienced and enthusiastic Veterinary Nurse to provide nursing support to the GP Veterinarians and contribute to the development of initiatives such as:
- environmental enrichment practices
- Nursing Clinics (e.g., weight management, arthritis management, dental and puppy socialization)
- contemporary Surgery and Anaesthesia techniques with training and support from our referral team.
As you can see, this is no ordinary GP Practice!
Imagine being co-located with an animal teaching hospital, surrounded by experienced veterinary clinicians, visiting specialists, a radiographer and likeminded nurses who practice at advanced levels and use contemporary clinical techniques and modern equipment.
We encourage our nurses to pursue their professional interests such as shadow placements to hone their clinical skills in surgery, medicine, anesthesia, or critical care.
You will be supported and assisted by a motivated team of Animal Nursing Assistants who are undergoing a structured Trainee Nurse program guided by our Nurse Educator. Only from time to time you might briefly relieve our veterinary receptionists, leaving you more time to focus on what you love best – clinical practice.
In addition to the above, we offer you:
- Competitive pay, and a roster that genuinely allows you to love your job and time to enjoy life.
- A vibrant and friendly team environment and regular social events
- The opportunity to share your knowledge of patient care with student vets and nurses
- A structured and supported probation period enabling you to advance you skills from day one.
- Annual Continuing Education (CE) Allowance
- Free membership to Vet Education
- Nurse CPD nights, Weekly Learning Hour and Hospital Culture Days
- Recover CPR training
- Discounted veterinary treatments and products
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A tropical destination to explore outside of work
If you hold a Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing with ideally 2+ years recent GP nursing experience, or alternatively have extensive GP nursing experience and a willingness to obtain your Certificate IV, then this role will excite you.
If you would like to take the opportunities to really use your nursing skills in a fun supportive team please send your resume and cover letter to,
Clinical Support Manager
Oops! We could not locate your form.