GP Veterinary Nurse – $26 to $32/hr
Are you someone who:
- Loves to offer excellent patient care in a friendly team environment
- Enjoys a high level of involvement in cases
- Thrives on learning and improving skills
- Loves to see those around you excel and grow
We are looking for General Practice Veterinary Nurses who want to build their skills and abilities, in a team environment focused on learning and enjoyment of your work.
JCUVet is the Clinical Small Animal Teaching Hospital for James Cook University in Townsville. We are focused on providing excellence in clinical training for veterinary students, by involving and inspiring students in a full-service, Small Animal General Practice and Small Animal Referral Hospital. We focus on exceptional care for our patients, and constant growth and fun for our team. We understand that continuing to support and develop our team members, enables us to constantly evolve our practices and offer exceptional patient care.
We are seeking General Practice Nurses to support our amazing veterinarians. As part of a teaching hospital, it is a great opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills and provide high quality patient care, using modern equipment and techniques. We encourage our nurses to peruse their interests and contribute to the services we offer our clients, be it nursing clinics, nutrition, dentistry, anaesthesia, surgery, inpatient care or client education. We encourage high levels of case involvement from the nursing team and provide support with a team of veterinary receptionists and animal nurse assistants, so you really do have time for your patients.
The role offers,
- The opportunity to learn and grow with veterinary students as you support them through their rotation.
- Training in the use of advanced medical equipment and facilities,
- A fun, friendly team that encourages you to grow your career,
- Support with CPD allowances, access to Recover CPR training, Vet education, and the many veterinary journals in the JCU library,
- Encouragement and support to register with a reputable veterinary body,
- Live in an extraordinary part of Australia to explore outside of work.
If you would like to take the opportunities to really use your nursing skills in a fun supportive team please send your resume and cover letter to,
Clinical Support Manager
Oops! We could not locate your form.