Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
- $160,000 – $250,000 + super + benefits
- Opportunity to lead and shape our ECC
- Senior leadership role
JCUVet is the Clinical Small Animal Teaching Hospital for James Cook University School of Veterinary Science. We are focused on providing excellence in clinical training for veterinary students. We do this through involving and inspiring students in a full service General Practice and Referral Hospital, including internal medicine, surgery, anaesthesia, emergency and critical care. We see clients and patients from across Queensland focusing particularly on Central and Northern Queensland.
We are looking to employ a Specialist Veterinarian in Emergency and Critical Care, preferably a Diplomat of the ACVECC or ECVECC or that holds FANZCVS qualifications. This individual will take their place as a member of the JCUVet senior leadership team, with a focus on continuous improvement of critical care and clinical teaching for students, and the rebuilding of our emergency centre to 24/7 coverage.
We will also consider individuals who are nearing residency completion in emergency and critical care.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
- helping to grow and further develop the ECC service
- the opportunity to contribute to the next generation of veterinarians
- a manageable caseload with interesting, challenging and diverse cases
- access to advanced medical equipment and facilities
- a high level of support and ongoing education
- a culture focused on both individual growth AND strong team support
- an extraordinary part of Australia to explore outside of work
- competitive annual salary based on your experience and anticipated clinical output
- compressed hours and long weekends off
- generous CPD allowance, CE leave and many other benefits
If you feel this position is what you have been looking for and would like to have a confidential discussion about it, please contact:
Dr Jason Mouatt BVSc FANZCVS
Specialist Small Animal Surgeon
Hospital Director, JCUVet
Oops! We could not locate your form.