ADVANCED GENERAL PRACTICE AND EMERGENCY VETERINARIAN
- Excellent development opportunity
- Dedicated training time
- Lifestyle roster
JCUVet offers a full service small animal general practice and referral services including internal medicine, surgery, anesthesia, emergency and critical care, as well as providing the clinical tuition to final year JCU veterinary students.
This is an exciting time to join us as we expand our internal referral services and expand our delivery of emergency and critical care services. During 2021, our focus is improved service offerings for after hours, 24 hour and critical care and the prioritization of skills development.
We are recruiting the new role of Advanced GP & Emergency Veterinarian. This role will suit an experienced and progressive veterinarian with a keen interest in enhancing their skills in medicine and surgical cases, utilizing advanced medical equipment and gaining invaluable experience and job satisfaction in the mentoring of final year JCU veterinary students.
Our preferred candidate will have at least 2 years General Practice, Emergency or Critical Care experience and will be attracted by the opportunity to fast track their skills under the guidance of experienced clinicians and specialists in a positive and progressive environment.
In this role, we offer the following:
- Competitive annualised salary + additional overnight remuneration
- Ability to gain advanced medical knowledge in a learning environment
- Dedicated training time of 3-4 hours p.w. with surgeons and medicos
- Lifestyle rotations of 2 days on, 2 days off, 2 nights on and 4 days off
- One long weekend off every three weeks to explore our beautiful surrounds
- Relocation assistance to Townsville
- Support for further professional development
- Generous CPD allowance, CE leave and many other benefits
If this sounds like the type of role and development you’ve been considering, please send your application via email to:
Dr Jason Mouatt BVSc FANZCVSc
Senior Clinical Advisor
JCUVet Animal Hospital
Oops! We could not locate your form.